2019/20 WMA Internship Programme – Gallery Assistant
We now invite undergraduate or postgraduate students to apply for our internship programme (Oct 2019 – Jan 2020). As a gallery intern of WMA, you will gain valuable experience from working closely with our dynamic team. This role is particularly suitable to those who enjoy working in an art space, and students who are interested in visual images, communications and social issues related to Hong Kong.
- Assist in coordinating and executing the launch of “Hong Kong in Transition” project
- Assist in executing projects, workshops, openings, events and exhibitions
- Assist in operating and minding of an art space
- Assist in communications, including translation, fact checking, proof-reading, photo tagging, updating social media campaigns and preparation of newsletters
- Support administrative tasks, such as distribution of printing materials and organizing the art space
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate students from all disciplines are welcome. Students from Fine Arts, Media, Communications, Translation, History and Social Science preferred
- Proficiency in written English and Chinese
- Articulate, detail-minded, well organized, proactive, self-motivated, resourceful, and with a willingness to learn
- Hands-on experience with MS Office application software and Google G-Suite environment
- Familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is a bonus
- October 2019 – January 2020 (6-8 week internship programme)
- At least 16 hours or 2 days a week (examination break permitted)
- Work location: Sheung Wan
- Interns will be provided a stipend during the internship period
- Interns are expected to bring their own device
Application Deadline: 30 September 2019
How to Apply:
Please send application with CV, weekly committable hours and a one-page application letter to [email protected]. An interview will be arranged for shortlisted applicants in mid-October 2019.
All information and personal data provided by applicants as part of this recruitment process will be treated in confidence and used for recruitment for this role only.
Applicants who do not hear from WMA by end of November2019 should consider their application unsuccessful.