2. WMA makes this statement to notify you:
a. How and why Personal Data is collected;
b. How it will be used and safeguarded; and
c. To whom data access requests are to be addressed.
3. In order to preserve the confidentiality of all Personal Data you provide to us, WMA maintains the following privacy principles:
a. we only collect your Personal Data that we believe to be necessary and required to provide our services;
b. we may pass your Personal Data to other companies or our agents where necessary and as permitted by applicable law in order to provide relevant services and for the effective operations of WMA.
c. we strive to keep your Personal Data on our records accurate and up-to-date, and not keep personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is used; and
d. we maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure of your Personal Data. Only authorised staff are permitted to access personal information.
Data Collection, Use and Retention
1. We may collect your Personal Data when you register to utilise our services, attend our events or meetings with us, register to receive our newsletters or other marketing communications, or when making contact through our website.
2. The Personal Data collected may include your name, email address, contact details and other data. Personal Data will only be collected to the extent necessary to provide our services.
3. We may use your Personal Data in connection with various matters, including but not limited to: carry out our operations and provision of facilities and services; perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services, or content; communicate with you by email, postal mail, and/or mobile devices about services that may be of interest to you from us; enforce our terms and conditions; manage our business and perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection; for marketing, promotional and customer management purposes, such as sending you newsletters or invitations. We may be unable to provide you with our services if you fail to supply such Personal Data.
4. When providing your Personal Data to third parties (‘Third Parties’) in order to provide relevant services and for the effective operations of WMA, we will:
a. only provide the information necessary and required to provide the service or services for which the relevant Third Party was responsible for;
b. on the understanding that Third Parties may only use your Personal Data for the exact purposes specified by us; and
c. take reasonable steps to ensure that Third Parties respect and protect your data privacy and that your data will be deleted or rendered anonymous if we stop using their services.
5. Your visit to this website will record the server information including but not limited to: domain names, IP address and the pages visited. Such information may be used to prepare aggregate information about the number of visitors to this Website and general statistics on usage patterns of this Website. Your visit to this Website will be recorded anonymously and, unless specified otherwise, we will not collect any personal information that identifies a visitor to this Website.
6. We will retain your Personal Data for as long as required to fulfil the purpose for which they were collected. Thereafter, we will delete your Personal Data.
Links to Third Party Websites
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or operated by WMA. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other sites. This privacy statement applies only to this website.
Children Under 13 Years of Age
There are certain sections of WMA’s website not specifically designed for children and we do not actively solicit information from children. Children aged 13 or under are required to obtain permission from a parent or guardian before viewing or submitting information to this website.
1. In accordance with the Ordinance, you have the right to:
a. require WMA to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate;
b. request access to and correction of your Personal Data; and
c. withdraw your consent for WMA to use your Personal Data.
2. Should you wish to withdraw your consent or make a data access or correction request, please contact WMA by email at infoatwma.hk.
8/F Chun Wo Commercial Centre
23-29 Chun Wo Commercial Centre
Central, Hong Kong
Personal Data Collection Statement
1. The purpose of collecting Personal Data is to carry out our operations and provision of facilities and services, perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services, or content, offered by others and communicate with you by email, postal mail, and/or mobile devices as appropriate.
2. It is not mandatory for you to provide Personal Data to us. In the event that you do not provide personal data, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
3. Personal data is kept for as long as required to fulfil the purpose for which they were collected. Thereafter, we will delete the personal data.
4. The Personal Data collected will only be disclosed to third parties where necessary and as permitted by applicable law in order to provide relevant services and for the effective operations of WMA.
5. You have the right to request access and correction of the Personal Data under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486). For such request, please email Team WMA at infoatwma.hk.
(August 2019 version)