2019 WMA Project Internship Programme (Editorial & Publication)
WMA believes that art can be a powerful means to raise the awareness of social concerns. It developed and manages a series of programmes to spark discussions of social issues of great importance to Hong Kong through visual images, with a view to fostering positive societal change. Each year, a theme is chosen for the programmes. Themes explored included “Poverty”, “Air”, “Waste”, “Identity”, “Mobility”, “Transition”, and “Opportunity”. The theme for the 2019/20 cycle is “Light” .
Project Internship Programme (Editorial and Publication)
We now invite undergraduate or postgraduate students to apply for our 2019 project internship programme. As an editorial intern of WMA, you will gain valuable experience from working closely with a seasoned editor in contributing to the content of a print publication. This role is particularly suitable to those who are interested in social issues relating to Hong Kong and willing to conduct in-depth research.
- Assist in researching, interviewing and writing for the publication
- Assist in translating, fact checking and proof-reading
- Assist in executing projects, events and exhibitions
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate students from all disciplines are welcome. Students from Media, Communications, Translation, and Social Science preferred
- Previous experience in journalism a plus
- Strong research and writing skills and attention to detail, grammar and accuracy
- Proficiency in written Chinese and English
- Well organized, proactive, self-motivated, resourceful, and with a willingness to learn
- Hands-on experience with MS Office application software and Google G-Suite environment
- 23 September – 15 November 2019 (8 week internship programme)
- At least 15 hours a week/ flexible working hours
- Work location: Flexible with various site visits and interviews conducted in different locations in Hong Kong
- Interns will be provided a stipend during the internship period
- Interns are expected to bring their own device
Application Deadline: 16 September 2019
How to Apply:
Please send application with CV, weekly committable hours and a one-page application letter (the latter in Chinese) to [email protected]. An interview will be arranged for shortlisted applicants in mid-September 2019.
All information and personal data provided by applicants as part of this recruitment process will be treated in confidence and used for recruitment for this role only.
Applicants who do not hear from WMA by end of September 2019 should consider their application unsuccessful.